Los Straitjackets have a new album out, “The Further Adventures of Los Straitjackets’. It’s their 12th studio album, and apparently it’s a straightforward classic surf album.
First, the cool stuff.
- It’s got a great album cover. It looks like they are battling some sort of swamp creature. Swamp creatures are underrated in general.
- It comes with a trading card for each member of the band, revealing their superpower.
The not cool stuff is that I haven’t heard the album yet, so I can’t comment on it. But I’ve read a few reviews, and most are good. That’s probably better than my opinion anyhow.
At any rate, this lead to noticing the album is #5 is “Surf Rock” sales on Amazon. That made me wonder what the heck is outselling it right now.
Here’s the list:
- Sounds Of Summer – The Very Best Of The Beach Boys ~ The Beach Boys
- Beach Boys – 20 Good Vibrations, The Greatest Hits (Volume 1) ~ The Beach Boys
- Echoes of Nature: Ocean Waves ~ Echoes Of Nature
- Death Proof ~ Various Artists
- The Further Adventures of Los Straitjackets ~ Los Straitjackets
- Pulp Fiction: Music From The Motion Picture ~ Various Artists
- Today/ Summer Days (and Summer Nights) ~ The Beach Boys
- The Ventures Play Telstar — The Lonely Bull and Others /(The) Ventures in Space ~ The Ventures
- Classic Disney, Vol. 1: 60 Years of Musical Magic ~ Disney, Classic Disney (Series)
- The Very Best of the Ventures ~ The Ventures
First, Amazon needs a better defition of surf rock music, with Classic Disney and Ocean Waves making the list. Second, the Beach Boys are rich! How nice is it to have 3 of the top 7 selling surf albums 40-something years after starting your band?
Anyway – let us know if you’ve listened to “The Further Adventures of Los Straitjackets” and tell us what you thought in the comments.