If you’re not sucking down your company’s broadband by streaming Pandora radio all day, you’re missing out. Pandora is a great site for listening to free music, based on the artist or song you specify.
Setting up a station depends on the type of surf music you like. Most all popular bands are available, so if you simply enter your favorite band, that will work fine.
Personally, I like to create stations with multiple artists, to make the music a little diverse. At least, I think that’s how it works. Here are some tips I’ve found:
- Songs work better than artists. A song has a specific sound, a band can have many sounds.
- Do you want a 60′s “clean” surf guitar sound, or do you want a dirty sound? If you want both, create two different stations or your one station will sound muddled.
For an old-school surf station, try:
- The Ventures
- “Surf Rider” by the Lively Ones
For a clean station, try:
- “Pacifica” by Los Straitjackets
- “Blue Venus” by the Blue Sting Rays (also good for a slow, get your wife in the mood station)
For a crunchier sound, how’s about:
- “Eliminator” by Dick Dale
- “Son of DaiKaiJu” by DaiKaiJu
- Link Wray
A more swing sound:
- “Can You Dig It?” by Los Straitjackets
Lots of reverb:
- “Mystery Meat” by Man or Astro-Man?
- “Rebel Rouser” by Duane Eddy
What are your Pandora station suggestions? Or any other internet radio stations?